Sunday, February 24, 2013

When You Die A Little

Something happens when you die a little.

So it's been more than a year since my husband laid down on our pillows and said, "I'm having an affair." So I should be good. But you die a little. And maybe this is something I haven't talked about yet. He lays down. He says that. And that day, you mostly die. If you didn't have kids, you might die all the way. But you have kids. So you live.

There's a lot to say in between then and now (one year later). But the truth is... I live. Dying a little might be good for all of us. I think I am more alive now than I've ever been. I am alive. We live for the kids, because we have to. But what we find is that living for the kids is really about living for us. I'm alive. And it's not for them. It's for me. I have a lot left to tell. There's a story there. If you know me, you know there's a story. So when you die a little, you wake up the part of you that was sleeping. That part of me is awake now. Something happens when you die a little.

1 comment:

  1. It breaks my heart to read this, because 'dying a little' is so damn painful. But I am ever so grateful that you are alive more now than before!

    ReplyDelete