Friday, July 26, 2013

Gettin' it goin'

Ok. This isn't for you. It's for me. It's been a while since I posted anything and I decided I just have to type something to get the ball rolling again. But to be fair to myself, there's been a lot going on. I think since I last posted, I went to Monterey for 5 days with my family, my kids finished this year in school, I drove to Washington and back with my family for 8 days, got home for two, then drove to San Diego and back for an emotionally draining but wonderful family trip including a big family wedding. I've been home for 5 days now and am just starting to catch up. Tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday is Swim Champs. This means 12 hours in the sun waiting by the pool with 2000 other people for our kids to swim like 4 times for 30 seconds or less each. Don't get me wrong, we love it, but I'll be happy when this weekend is over. OH, and, we found three eggs in the yard today. Lucy (my chicken) laid her first eggs and is hiding them in a "nest" she made in our bushes. After searching the park and the neighbor's yards for her today when we couldn't find her, she finally popped out of the bushes. We checked the spot and there were three eggs! It's like we should have her Quincineara party or bar mitzvah or something! Anyway, I'll get back on it soon. Just had to get the ball rolling and start with something. :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you blogged. Totally understand the lack of time to do it with that crazy schedule.
    As for Lucy, love that she is the first to lay the eggs. She is my favorite. And I'm pretty sure you should go the Quincineara route versus the Bar Mitzvah! Cracks me up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quincineara... check! She partied like a 15 year old rock star.

    ReplyDelete