Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Drunkbook

I hate Facebook, and yet, once a month, after a night full of wine I sit up late, in the dark, after my husband has given up on trying to manage me, and sign in to Facebook and make a fool of myself. I've done some regrettable things. I believe I contacted a boyfriend from like 20 years ago and hounded him for not staying in touch (as it happened to be New Years Eve, turns out, I heard he happened to be spending a pleasant anniversary with his soon to be fiance... oops!) I come up with my best comments on those nights. I think I'm hysterical. And always, every single time, I regret my lack of inhibition the next day. I remember that my friend, family, coworkers, children's friend's parents, etc., see me on this thing, and that, what I think is witty and an hysterical social commentary, is not so hysterical to all of them. F*$# 'em. Cause it really is funny. Here's what we need to start: Drunkbook. Ok, you are my witness. I thought of it first. There needs to be a social media network that requires a failed breathalizer for you to login. You heard it here first. I'm sure there are 8 million possible lawsuits that stem from this line of thinking, but seriously, you know it should happen. We should all know whether or not the people we are reading posts from were under the influence or not at the time of said posting. It would also be nice to know there is a place where our posts will not be read unless the reader is under the influence. For example, two hours ago I sat down to do my blog. After sitting for 3 minutes, I told myself, "No, self, you promised not to touch the computer if you've had anything to drink." And as I had had a glass a wine, I walked away, very proud, I must admit. But here I am, 3 glasses of wine later, coming up with Drunkbook. Seriously, that's good stuff. There needs to be a place for moments like this. What do ya think?

5 comments:

  1. Holy s^&* that is brilliant. Why didn't I think of that? I totally agree, I actually take my phone, and plug it in to charge in my bedroom when I am having wine. I don't trust my appendages to not reach out, and start Facebooking madly. It really is true. So, if you start a Drunkbook, I will be member #2 !
    Cheers, and really, the stuff we post at those times, truly is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!!! I would be a PHENOMENAL Drunkbooker! Can I please be #3?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever started Drunkbook, you both could be the first new members! Might have to do something about all these ideas I have one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I have yet to Drunkbook, but I am one hellauva GREAT drunk texter.....

    ReplyDelete