Monday, June 3, 2013

Positive Energy Kids Triathlon

My kids (8 year old girl and 10 year old boy) participated in their first triathlon yesterday. Neither their father or myself has ever done anything like this so we were SO proud of them. It was called the Positive Energy Kids Triathlon (PEKT) and took place in Davis, CA. It was truly amazing. If you ever get the chance to participate with your family, do it. It was SO organized. The kids had bibs with their numbers in huge font across their chests. They had their numbers written on their arms and legs. They had their numbers on stickers on their helmets and bikes. Both kids felt so professional! Their was a short swim across a 25-yard pool (since my kids are swimmers, they wished that part was much longer). The swim was between 25-75 yards for them (longer for older groups). Then a bike ride for 1-4 miles depending on the age (again, 1-2 for my kids), followed by the run (both my kids did 1/2 mile). I know it's not huge distances, but it was a challenge for them and they were exhausted at the end but SO proud of their accomplishment. They both woke up this morning and wanted to wear their triathlon t-shirts and medals to school today... and did! All in all, it was a fantastic, completely positive energy, fun family event. Do it if you ever get the chance. Maybe next year, we'll even participate with them... maybe. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, they committed to and completed more than I have ever done! They could be my inspiration to enter and complete a 5k. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete