Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Barbarian and The Classy Lady

Recently, I was super stressed and packing for an early morning flight. It was getting late and there were things to do for the kids and the house and I still hadn't packed. A million things going on: dinner, kids, homework, work stuff, you get the idea. I'm in the bathroom and my seven year old daughter walks in and sees me putting toe nail polish on. She says, "Mom, really?" (with total disbelief and disgust, by the way). "With all you have to do tonight and with how stressed out you are, is that really what you should be doing?" I say, "I'm getting on a plane tomorrow and my nail polish is chipped. I'm just covering up the white spots." She says, "Puhlease, look at my nails mom. Seriously. I go to school every day with chips everywhere and nobody notices." I say, "Yeah, but you're a barbarian and I'm a classy lady." To which she says, "Your shorts are on inside out."

They were.

2 comments:

  1. This cracks me up. I couldn't possibly have laid down that one liner and left without adding more. Her comedic timing is amazing, and she certainly knows how to hit it out of the park with one line!
    Love it,

    ReplyDelete