Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Heckler

Ok, so it's not really a heckler, but still. Someone that I don't know commented on an earlier post that I wrote. Initially I felt annoyed because they didn't really seem to get that I was joking and that I was being ridiculous and that I knew I was being ridiculous and that I was just making fun of something to vent and make a silly social commentary. But then I stopped and realized that I was happy because I had a critic. Which means someone out there saw something I wrote, read the whole thing, and actually thought enough about it to reply. Who cares that they didn't get it (maybe I'm not very good at making a point) or that they really didn't agree at all with me, it's just cool that someone read something I wrote. It must feel both very scary and powerful to be a writer. I mean, there's always going to be someone who doesn't like what you say or the way you say it and when they tell you, it must hurt. But at the same time, to have people read your words and think about your thoughts... that's an exciting form of influence. So, anyway, I'm happy to have a heckler.

2 comments:

  1. Keep blogging. You are an insightful, humorous, detailed writer. The fact that you have an unknown critic is really cool. :)

    ReplyDelete