Saturday, August 18, 2012

Finding My Clavicle

I'm sure I have one, a clavicle that is. But I can't remember if I've ever really seen it. So it's time. I'm on a mission to find my clavicle. Actually, I guess there are two of them. So I want to find them both. I mean, I can reach up and dig around and feel them. But I want more than tactile evidence. I want visual confirmation. People magazine had a section this week on a bunch of "regular" people that lost 100 pounds or more. And what did they all have in common? That's right, clavicles. Before pictures: no clavicles. After pictures: glorious, arrogant clavicles. So apparently, if you lose weight, you get a couple clavicles. That's what I want. Now I don't have 100 pounds to lose. I'd be dead if I did. But I definitely have weight to lose in multiples of ten. Once you see them, clavicles, that is, it's hard not to see them. In fact, I see these skinny people and I can't deny it, I want their clavicles. I know, creepy. And apparently there's no other way to reveal them than through an excavation of sorts. So I'm beginning my personal dig to unearth my clavicles. Wish me luck and I promise to share if I can ever see them when I look in the mirror. I might even let you touch 'em.

2 comments:

  1. You do such a great job of putting thoughts into words. Having clavicles is something I think about often and wish I had as well. I can't believe how much we are still like each other. I would love to join in with you while we both try and dig out our clavicles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All right, let's do it! Let's find our clavicles together. :)

      Delete