Monday, July 16, 2012

20th Reunion Project

Ok. I've thought of a random project for this year to keep me busy. Next June will be my 20th high school graduation reunion. What if I found every single person from the graduating class and asked them the same 10 questions before the reunion? I don't know why. But somehow it feels like it would be some type of wonderful adventure to try to track down each of these people in and of itself. Then, what would be the most concise, profound, meaningful, possibly humorous and insightful questions to ask each one of them? Then, how do I somehow capture it and summarize it to present in some way at the reunion? Thoughts? What do you want to be asked? Anyone want to help me with this project? We've got ten months and less than 100 people to find and interview. Think we can do it?

  • What would you want your high school classmates to know about you now? 
  • What part of your youth would you like to get back? 
  • How does life now compare to what you imagined in high school?
  • Which high school classmate are you the most curious about today and why?
  • Which high school classmate impacted you the most and why?
  • If you could go back and tell your high school self one thing, what would it be?
  • What things do you wish someone had told you or warned you about when you were in high school? 
  • What is your best high school memory?
  • How do you think your old high school classmates would describe you in high school?
  • If you could have kissed anyone in high school, who would it have been?
  • If you were asked to be the keynote speaker at a high school graduation today, what would be the take home message you would give to today's graduating seniors?
  • Who were you most envious of in high school?
  • Who did you most hope would show up at the reunion?
  • ???
  • Ideas for more questions?

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap! I need to think on this. That's a lot of questions, but I totally think I would want to answer them. And I think finding everyone is a great plan. Let me sleep on it,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a wonderful idea. I would love to help in anyway I can. I think Facebook would be on location where we can reach out to many classmates. You are so insightful. And I love and miss many of your qualities. I wish we could be closer like back in the day!

    ReplyDelete