Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Favorite Things

Alright. So things have not been great lately. But each day continues to happen. The sun comes up, the alarm clock goes off, and the day must begin. There are things to do. The kids must get up, must have a breakfast, must brush their teeth, bills must get paid, etc. So, we go on. And along the way we think about what going on should look like. Do I want to change everything? What do I really want? What do I dream about? Life is short. I've got to figure this stuff out. So, today, instead of thinking about what I don't like and what's wrong, I figured it would help to focus on what are my favorite things. Because, really, a lot about life is really lucky and good and fortunate. So here it is, off the top of my head, my favorite things:
  • I love everything about my kids. I love their creativity, spontaneity, humor, effort, love for others, brains, heart, goodness, compassion, generosity, and so much more.
  • I love popcorn.
  • I love movies.
  • I love happy people.
  • I love wine.
  • I love good conversation with interesting people.
  • I love to talk.
  • I love tennis.
  • I love watching any athletic competition, in general. I love the inspiration and message that is portrayed in the battle that comes from any good athletic competition.
  • I love Wimbledon and will be present at least once in this life.
  • I love a comfortable bed.
  • I love to drive.
  • I love to read.
  • I love to swim.
  • I love sailing.
  • I love my family and the way they make me feel that I'm doing the right things.
  • I love to laugh.
  • I love the country.
  • I love competition. 
  • I love friendly banter.
  • I love gardens, including: birds, butterflies, plants and flowers.
  • I love road trips.
  • I love the ocean. I don't love dark, open, cold water.
  • I would love to travel and meet interesting people.
  • I love adventure.
  • I love the smell of honeysuckle the most.
  • I love to dance.
  • I love good food.
  • I love facials and massage
For it, this is done. It's important to focus on what we like and not always what we don't like. 

1 comment:

  1. See, you doing this, has inspired me to think of what I love, enjoy, am passionate about. The little things, and the momentous. Too often (even today) I found myself complaining in my own head. So thank you, for reminding me to be grateful and be the margarita half full kinda girl I am.
    Love you,

    ReplyDelete