Friday, July 27, 2012

To Confirm or Not to Confirm

Facebook is weird. Seriously, does anyone not agree with me? That was a double negative, by the way, a little confusing. You go on there and hope for something. I don't know what it is we hope for, but we go on there anyway. Maybe it's the hope that we say something witty enough that 50 people "like" us, or even better, "comment". Then someone requests to be our "friend" and we must "confirm" or "ignore". I can't even remember how I know 90% of the people that "request" my friendship. If we're friends, shouldn't I be able to place them in my life somehow? Now I realize a part of this is my lack of observation skills and inability to remember a majority of my life or the people that crossed my path. For that, I apologize and feel really bad. But anyway, I sit here and deliberate over the click of the "confirm" or "ignore" button. What a snob I am! Ok, so from here on out, I just click "confirm". But you should be warned, I say offensive stuff. I talk before I think. I really only write on facebook after having something to drink. So, don't judge me after you asked to be my friend (see previous "drunkbook" blog entry). I'm going to say what I want to say from here on out and now worry about who sees it and how they might now change their opinion of me. Life is too short, seriously. I am what I am, I say what I say, and the same goes for you. Confirm?

2 comments:

  1. Exactly!! See you always say what I have thought but couldn't word well or have the huevos to say. I think we should all b e more authentically us

    ReplyDelete