Friday, October 12, 2012

Red wine, Pandora, Flash smart phones and sexual exploration in adolescence

So tonight I hung out with an old friend. Old friend like i think we had the same babysitter in kindergarten. We're 37 now. We agreed on our dislikes and likes on Pandora, or at least I paid attention enough to the opportunity to click on the "like" and the "dislike" with songs I liked. Ok, there's a song I like now... Jason Mraz.. "The Remedy". Sing it. You're too fast for me Jason Mraz, but I believe you have my best interests in my mind, so I keep listening to you. Every song. It's even gotten me into a little bit of trouble, but that's another story.

A friend came over. We drank my red wine the whole time. And who knows what I picked and why. It might have been because a cute guy at Trader Jo's suggested it, or because a wine club suggested it, or my most pretentious friends said I should like it. But in the end, we had a good night. We clicked "like" on the songs I actually liked on Pandora. We drank a lot of red wine of some sort. We tried to figure out our new phones and that they can only take flash pictures from one side. And we figured out that our children might actually be entering the age of sexual exploration and that we might need to get over it (gasp), and figure out how to help them through it.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you could only click 'dislike' so many times, so I used up my quota early. I too like Jason Mraz. Recently got some good wine recommendations from a request I put up on FB. Working my way through that list rather well I might ad.
    Good friends, good, better and great wine. Good music and conversation, do we need more?
    I think not.

    ReplyDelete